Saturday, December 31, 2011

To The Stars (And Beyond)!

So there goes another year.  And boy are they just going faster and faster.  My room mate kicked me out of the house today so her boyfriend (he's 70, she's 50) can bring in the new year.  No worries though, M is off with his cousins, and I'm going to have a glass or two (or a bottle or two) with my good friend A.

This year has certainly seen a grand clearing out of my life's detrius (is that the right word I wonder?).  And of course the beginnings of a life I've wanted for longer than I can imagine.  I just read an article on reuters (I'm kind of a news junkie, though only for research purposes..lol) that 2012 was going to be the year of the artist-entrepreneur.  I sure hope so.  I know so many artists of so many stripes who'd do so much good if they could just do what they do.  Someday soon.  Maybe we need to start Occupy Art...:)

I also just received an email from The Living Room.  This is the first year in the last 6 that I haven't participated in the christmas luncheon in some form or another.  That's another someday soon.  That's my heart's cause, and one I look forward to helping again.

I don't know of course what the next year will bring.  The evolution of a species? Goddess, I do hope so.  We need some evolution like we need some revolution.  People need to find their voices again, to speak out, to speak the word.

My intention for the new year (a much better thing than a resolution I think) is to speak the word.  To speak the L word each and every chance I get.  To think of all the energy I love in this world and speak it All.  And whether you return, and there really is a happily ever after to some love stories, or whether new Loves are right around the corner, waiting for me - Love there will be in abundance, in profusion in 2012.  Of that I am 100% certain.

I hope you are all surrounded by light tonight as you 'bring in the new year' as we say in Scotland.  It's Hogmany there...when first footers show up at your door at 1 minute past midnight with a lump of coal (so the house will be warm), some shortbread (so the house will have food), and a coin (so the house will have money).  I like that tradition, and Hogmany is definitely the national holiday there.  Lots of whiskey, and good times.  Hallefuckinleujah!

Here's to 2012 - A year to meet my destiny perhaps?  One just never knows...;)

See you then..
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment